Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Meditation is play



One of my favorite teachers is Ajahn Sucitto. With a great sense of humor and great wisdom, he gets to the point in a way I find really interesting  and inspiring. Don't take meditation too seriously. Relax into all that is served and drink it in!

"In meditation, the play is to meet what arises in the mind. First meet it and include it whether you like it or should be experiencing it or not. While stepping back, be curious, be more fully conscious. How is this anger, how does it feel? How am I with it? What’s it like when I don’t stiffen against it, lecture it?"

Interested and want to read more? Here it is: 

Reflections: Ajahn Sucitto: Spiritual Work is Play

The picture is from Plum Village, where play goes hand in hand with daily life. Spending a week in the monastery of Thich Nath Hahn in beautiful south of France, really made me happy and a part of my heart is still there! I want to go back there one day.


No comments:

Post a Comment