Monday, September 8, 2014

Ways to cross life's floods!


I'm reading a really helpful book right now. Parami -ways to cross life's floods. By Ajahn Sucitto. I really recommend it. This book helps me building a path out of suffering and stress. It's easy to follow and by reading it slowly and taking in the instructions I have trust this will help me on the way.  As said in the book:
This is done by using a set of instructions (paramitas) to cultivate skillful actions in your everyday life so you can "steer your life out of the floods".
In the Theravada tradition there are ten paramitas (different schools of Buddhists selected different qualities to be parami - these ten are Theravada designated):

Dhana (generosity)
Sila (morality)
Nekkhamma (renunciation)
Panna (discernment/wisdom)
Viriya (energy)
Khanti (patience)
Sacca (truthfulness)
Adhittana (resolve)
Metta (kindness)
Upekkha (equanimity)

No comments:

Post a Comment